Thursday, July 17, 2008

25 Weeks

wow...only 15 more weeks to go. it seems that ever since we hit the halfway point (20 weeks) that things seem to be going more and more quickly. We signed up for prepared childbirth and infant feeding classes which begin August 20th and will run for 6 weeks (one night a week). We have our daycare provider and pediatrician all lined up and I checked into Infant/Child CPR classes as well.

On Tuesday, I had an OB appointment which included a Gestational Diabetes test where I had to drink this glucola drink that tasted like flat orange pop with added sugar (actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be). Good news is that I passed the test! The doctor measured my belly and checked mini-kuper's heartbeat with the doppler (150 bpm)...and told me not to eat so many tums - 6 in 24 hours is the limit (oops!), but I found relief in learning that I could take Prilosec, Pepcid or Zantac to help relieve the heartburn. I go back in 4 more weeks for a checkup and then after that I will start going every 2 weeks.

John celebrated his 30th birthday this past weekend, man we're growing up! We also went camping with Linda and Mack at their cabin on Big Lake, Missouri - had a great time boating and just relaxing. John and Linda went on a giant raft - great big Mable - and got bucked off a few times which was quite entertaining being a spectator and all.

Thanks for participating in the polls on guessing Mini-Kuper's due date and weight...

Here's a couple pics at 25 weeks:


2 comments:

Hite Family said...

You look Cute Pregnant..
Heidi

Gretta said...

Hey girly girl! You look awesome! Love, Gretta