Thursday, December 11, 2008

5+ weeks old

It's hard to believe that Delaney is 5 weeks and 2 days old and Christmas is rapidly approaching. Many people ask what I do all day? Well, I really have no idea where the time goes. Every time I change and feed her - that takes about an hour and that's 8-10x a day. She has a couple fussy periods a day where she likes to be walked. We try to get out on occasion and meet friends for lunch or have a visitor now and then. And in the meantime, we sleep!!!!

Delaney loves to be held, thus making it difficult to get TOO much done around the house or anything.

Every Monday we go to a Baby & Me group at Jenny Ed hospital. It's a support group for breastfeeding moms and is hosted by a lactation consultant. It's nice to talk to other moms and find out everything we're going through is normal. They also weigh her every week and she is now up to 10 lbs. 5.4 oz.

She's been sleeping in her crib for 2+ weeks and in the past week or so she's been sleeping a little longer at night which has been a relief for me.

A lot of people ask how I am doing? I am getting by and trying to get the hang of being a mom - something that you really cannot prepare for, you just have to do it. I generally end up getting spit up on once or twice a day so when you see me I'm usually in comfy clothes and if I am wearing something nice I probably just changed right before walking out the door. But, all that being said - I love it and I love her very much. Who knows if we'll have more kids or not so I am just going to enjoy this one as much as I can.

Here's some pics...
top down
December 9th - bundled up to go have lunch (2 pics)
December 4th - 1 month old, on our way to go get pictures taken
November 30th - taking a nap with mom
December 7th - 4 generation picture (and Thanksgiving with my family)








































No comments: